Master in Media Leadership (MML) is a partnership program between The Evangelical Theological Seminary in Cairo (ETSC) and Christian Academy for Media (CAM). It aims to build Christian Leaders in the media sector, whereas their work is their ministry. It’s a two-year discipleship program for potential Christian leaders who have chosen to work in media, that aims to technically equip them for media ministry and teach them theological doctrines, leadership skill and train them to reach out to others in their communities.
For the first time in Egypt and the Middle East, the Evangelical Theological Seminary in Cairo (ETSC) in coordination with Christian Media Academy (CAM) will offer a Christian-based master’s degree in Media Leadership. It is a two-year discipleship program for potential Christian leaders who have chosen to work in media. It aims to prepare them for media ministry technically and teach them theologically-sound doctrines, leadership skills and train them to reach out to others in their communities.
The program is consisting of 72 credit hours distributed as follows:
Theological & Leadership studies 36 credits hours
Technical media training 36 credits hours
After achieving the 72 credit hours within two years, the program will offer a master’s degree in media leadership for the accomplished students.
By the end of this program, students will:
- Enable Christian media leaders spiritually, professionally and skillfully.
- Equip Christian media leaders to transform their workplace. Through a study-career cycle as it starts with learning academic and practical skills, producing audio-visual programs-engage them with work-study programs in the media and secular channels, so they can have hands-on experience. Create quality content productions.
- Use artistic productions to trigger asking new questions and think critically.
- Support churches with media tools to hold community events and invite others to hear God’s word through attractive audio-visual messages.
- Equipped leaders who are capable to equip others.
Evangelical Theological Seminary in Cairo (ETSC) is the oldest and largest theological seminary in the Middle East. For over 150 years, its mission has developed and extended through the years to equip pastors and leaders to serve the Arabic-speaking protestant churches in Egypt, the Middle East and even in the Diasporas. ETSC presents a variety of academic degree and non-degree programs in both traditional and online format. (for more details, please visit our website www.etsc.org).
Christian Academy for Media (CAM) is a growing affiliation of five media leading institutions in Egypt: Sat7, Ibrahimia Media Centre (IMC), New Beginning for training, AV Ministry, and The Rock Media Ministry. CAM board also includes members of Media leaders and experts. CAM is a member of the Evangelical Fellowship in Egypt. CAM’s mission is to equip Christian medial leaders in a disciplined vocational-academic setup to induce and produce a transformational change in the MENA region with inspiring audio-visual, biblical messages. (CAM website is under construction.)
Program Launching and admissions: May 18, 2018
Admissions due: August 15, 2018
Orientation day: September 22, 2018
First Academic day: September 29, 2018
Protocols of Cooperation & Programs’ resources:
The program has potential opportunities to sign protocols of cooperation with different Christian and secular entities, in addition to the strong relationships with key media figures in TV channels and celebrities who can secure an internship, apprenticeship, and employment opportunities to outstanding students and alumni.
We invite you to prayerfully consider being a prayer partner to support this pioneering program for the future of the church in Egypt and the Middle East. Being a ‘Prayer Partner enables your ministry to:
- Receive regular updates and periodic reports and scheduled prayers for the program.
- Be able to use and share the program’s information and news in your ministry’s communication.
- Have the chance to recruit graduates of MML as project-based or long-term jobs as needed.
- Have the chance to offer internships for the MML students